Training and Consulting Group, Inc.
Marshall Environmental Training and Consulting Group, Inc., (METC Group) is a small company that works extensively with treatment facilities - operator training, system and process troubleshooting, treatment system audits, operations manuals, and workshops. The owner and president of METC Group , Rick Marshall, has over 37 years of operations experience with industrial and municipal treatment systems. His previous work including working for two large engineering firms focusing on O&M services and a small O&M/contract operations firm.
METC Group services include:
- Operations Training - Customized workshops are delivered
on-site focused on process - fundamentals, process control tools,
operator control elements and troubleshooting.
- Treatment System Audits - evaluate unit processes
identifying performance limiting factors, write audit report
summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Troubleshooting - work with the treatment system staff in resolving operational problems such as poor settling and foaming in order to achieve more consistent permit compliant operation.
- Operator manuals - prepare operator friendly manuals
used as references and not book shelf dust collectors. Customized
formats combining graphics with texts for easy understanding
- Plant optimization - help treatment plants fine-tune
their systems to provide consistent treatment while minimizing
- Workshops - deliver a series of workshops across North America - Activated Sludge Operations, Troubleshooting/Optimizing Activated Sludge Operations, Aerated Stabilization Basin Operations, Filament and Advanced Filament Identification, Getting In/Out of Trouble.
This service is set up for a fixed monthly fee. The basic service (plant monitoring) includes a monthly microscopic examination of your sludge combined with a review of your operating data spread sheet. A brief report is provided combining a summary of observations with the findings of Dr. Michael Richard, including suggestions for maintaining or optimizing your treatment plant performance. Included with this basic service is unlimited telephone consulting. This service should help you identify potential problems and prevent them from becoming major operational challenges.
- Annual refresher training. After a year of reviewing
plant data and operational events, we will be prepared to provide
site-specific training which focuses on those topics most critical
to your facility. The year's data will be readily available to
use, along with customized graphs, for analyzing and troubleshooting
activities during the workshop. Now being familiar with your
plant, training preparation time and therefore costs
are lower through this option than as a stand alone project.
- Annual Audit. Review plant operations and provide
recommendations to optimize operations. Again, the cost of an
audit is lower through this service because of existing familiarity
with the data and operational issues during the past year.
A fixed monthly retainer fee, based on the options selected,
would be set up for a year. The payback for this service will
be realized through cost savings as a result of implementing the
recommendations and suggestions for optimizing operations. Also,
consulting costs will be lower by combining these options instead
of conducting them separately.
ã Copyright, METC Group, All rights reserved.